Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Necessities

They say that Necessity is the Mother of Invention. Who are they, you ask? Well, Mother's of course. We stay at home Mommas have a HUGE necessity for money. Money buys diapers, fills the car with gas, pays the bills, puts Chicken McNuggets in the bellies...you get my drift.


Anywhoo, money being the necessity that it is, I got to thinking. I thought about how hard last year was when Chris & I were at a very large fork in the road. I thought about how hard it was for us to trust God and take the plunge into the world of Single-Salary'hood {Truly, I know that's not a word}. We wanted to make the right decision. But it's one that's so big, you second guess yourself no matter how much you know what to do, you know?


So, a few months into "Staying Home with The Kids" we started seeing a dip in the budget. I think it had to do with me having so much time on my hands - I'd get out with the kids and go to the mall or to the grocery store - of course, you can't leave the mall without a cookie, an ICEE and coffee.....Or, it could have been Chris mismanaging the checkbook. I'd put my money {no pun intended} on the latter! **wink, wink**



About the time I realized I needed to create a magic potion that would invent my spending money, my Mother-In-Law gave me her sewing machine.




That was a little push that I needed to get in gear with a plan. These were a few of my first projects. That original blog explains a lot. Last year, I received quite a few gifts when the girls were born. Several of them were sets of cute burp cloths in coordinating fabrics and I thought, "I can do this!" And having my new sewing machine was the tool I needed to get started.

So I started with fabric,
added a few groovy embellishments and my first product turned like this.
Then I got brave with the embroidering part of the machine and accomplished this.
I'm pretty proud of what I've learned & begun to create. So much so that I have decided to branch out & see if this could turn into a Customized Accessories shop.
This weekend I have a booth in a small trade show and I'm debuting my new venture:
CLASSIC KID'S CREATIONS
I'll have customized burp cloths, baby bibs, painted wall tiles for kid's rooms and customized hand painted canvases.
Take a look at my work, think of who would love these as gifts and COME OVER & SEE THE BOOTH!!
Customized matching Bib & Burp Cloth Set

Hand Sewn Burp Cloths for Boys & Girls

Burp Cloths for your Little Tigers!

Information:
Iberville Chamber of Commerce
Attic Treasure Day
When: Sat. September 26, 2009
Time: 8:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Where: Center of Plaquemine Activity Center
(COPAC)
Admission: $2.00 - kids under 12 free

I'll be in my booth with my Mom & Sister {Sister} In-Law, Ann.
Come by to see us!!






No comments:

Post a Comment